Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Take your chance with me

Sleep escapes me these days;
I lay awake, thinking
Of all those words unsaid.

I have nothing to promise you,
But this much I’ll confess –
This feeling of something special is true.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Others search a thousand times,
Looking for that spark,
Those wind chimes;
Groping in the dark.

We’ve been lucky,
Pushed together by chance.
Don’t tell me you can’t see,
An opportunity to do a magical dance!

Maybe I should let you be;
Gather your baggage,
And then come back to me;
Undo all the damage

Maybe I should just let you be!
Maybe I should just lay awake every night.
Maybe, just maybe… you’ll see my point.

1 comment:

  1. "In delay, there lies no plenty,
    Then come kiss me, sweet and twenty,
    Youth's a stuff will not endure."

    -Shakespeare

    : )

    ReplyDelete