Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Every child should raise itself!

Me: V, your tummy is so yummy... who made your tummy?
V: I don't know. You tell me.
Me: I made your yummy tummy
V: No. Look at your lovely big tummy. I made it so big!

The title of this post is from Anne Frank "The Diary of a Young Girl"
I just finished reading this amazing book and the timing seemed perfect. As a mother of an inquisitive almost 11 year old daughter, it has given me some food for thought and excellent insight into girls of that age. Obviously every child is different et all but some generalizations work and provide a good foundation for parents to do more good than harm in the process of parenting.

I am just glad that my little girl has the habit of both keeping a diary and talking to me. So far, so good. She is a normal and lovely 11 year old and beautiful human being. Hoping that I am able to continue doing justice to her life!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely agree with what you have said, I just hope very hard that I have an absolutely open relationship with my daughter(now 7), though I know that's going to be hard for impatient me :(. Lovely that you are so close to your child, may it always be so :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aparna! BTW, I have been known to be highly impatient and short-tempered but my very sensible daughter has toned me down by miles and yards over the years... :)

    ReplyDelete