Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Daughter... On Growing Up

V: Mama, you know how everyone says they want to be like this or that person when they grow up.

Me: Yes.

V: Do you know who I want to be like when I grow up?

Me: No. Tell me baby.

V: I want to be just me.

Me: (In my mind - Awww....)
When she was barely 2.5 years old. Now all of 10!

You know, when we were growing up everyone of us said we wanted to be like this or that person when we grow up. Guess what? We all grew up to be just us. Once expectations are set closer to reality, life should be less like a fight and more like a beautiful journey.

4 comments:

  1. Thats just the awwwwsomeness you get from kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! and so very true. Welcome to the marathon :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do kids get so smart :).. lovely click! Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete