Monday, April 30, 2007

I Feel Bangalore! My Bangalore!

Here's something I wrote on 30 sep 2006, when I was waiting for a friend to join me for a game of chess...

It's Bangalore for sure! The smell of food, cigarettes, coffee!! Constant chatter - one voice accented, one speaking the queen's English, some speaking in Kannada, some whispering, some loud! The laughter - quite sniggers, loud boisterous laughter! Conversations about life, about trivial things, about big issues, about self, about friends, about random people!

Alone at the table and nothing to read while I wait for my friend to get her butt here, my mind wanders and rests on a conversation - a couple at a table right next to mine. The conversation entertains for a bit and then, I get lost once again in the hum, the buzz, the life that is Bangalore... a lazy Saturday afternoon, waiting for company, to sit around with a cup of tea over a game of scrabble or chess and just enjoy the Bangalore that doesn't change, not here at least! This is the character of my city...

Koshy's!! Thank you for being here long before I was born and I'll do everything I can to make sure it lasts long after I'm gone!

5 comments:

  1. it was the rains! Not my butt.. it was the rains! : P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was still waiting for you to get your butt down to Koshy's and not the rains! LOL

    Anyway, thank you for taking your time, I wouldn't have written this if not for your delay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well.. my pleasure! heh heh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. and they lived happily ever after...
    muahahaha

    ReplyDelete