Friday, April 20, 2007

A Friend

Let go fully…
the baggage of desire.
Rekindle, nearly
every bit of friendly fire.

The desire will sway,
the fire is here to stay.

Passion ran its frenzy,
pushing me to the edge.
Now I’m dizzy,
to be back on friendship’s ledge.

I’ll keep desire at bay;
I won’t let you loose your way.

Lust, passion, love –
I don’t understand them.
Let’s jive
back to friendship’s helm.

I’ll keep the monsters away,
and forever lock them in a cave.

I’ll be your friend
forever;
see you through every bend,
and even look out for your lover.

I’ll be tall and brave,
against this tidal wave.

Let go baby…
the baggage of desire.
Rekindle, nearly
every bit of friendly fire.

4 comments:

  1. Your writing seems to have suddenly matured! Nice though.. I always liek the tone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called inspiration darling! Life has inspired me well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Think life does that particular job pretty well. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... especially when you are not looking for it! Bang! There it is right in front of you and you go "duh!? Where was I all along?" :)

    ReplyDelete