Saturday, June 28, 2008

A New Fire

Senses become numb,
The fire has been doused.
Years of embers have been replaced,
By cold ashes, flying amass.

As I seek new pieces of coal,
Dragging my feet;
My mind cons me into believing,
The fire’s still alive.

A spark has been triggered,
Even the monsoon rains can’t stop
This fire, from spreading.

Coz I found myself some
Old forest wood, sun-dried for years.
It’s been hidden, safe and secure
For many a years.

Now’s the time to bring it out
And with all my strength,
To feed it into the fire.
You, my friend, are my inner strength…
Now, I know! Now, I know!

- 30th May, 2008 (Friday)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:10 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty intense. haven't seen any of your previous stuff yet but this is a good starting point for me to check out the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thank you... hope you enjoy reading them :)

    ReplyDelete