Friday, July 19, 2013

Open to Empathy

My words to you will be none...
My feelings for you will be many.

I listen to your troubles
When you speak;
I cry with you
When you shed those tears;
I feel the rage
When you share your anger;
I experience your loneliness
As you spin tales about solitude.

Oh no! Your troubles are so huge!
Why do you cry so?
How dare they treat you so?
Don't worry you won't be alone for long.
I won't say none of these...
I won't claim I know any of this.

My troubles are bigger than yours,
My tears more genuine.
My anger runs deeper,
And... my isolation more terminal.
None of these will be words I utter,
'coz today It's not about me...
It's not about me...

I'm here for you,
With empathy in my thoughts,
In my actions and in my eyes.
I promise I will learn
What it means to be empathetic.
I promise I'll pass the word around.
I promise I'll pass the word around.

No comments:

Post a Comment